How can I FREE Myself from Self-employment Taxes and 1099 Reports?

For those with the Restore Freedom Plan, all the work described below is done for you by Freedom Law School
as part of your membership, but for all others, simply follow the procedures below.

Below you will find the printable form necessary to lawfully
STOP 1099 information 'snitch' reports and self-employment income taxes.

Before moving forward, carefully go through each step below the downloads.

Self-employment Income Taxes and 1099 Information 'Snitch' Reports:

Nearly without exception, American contracting businesses across America send 1099 forms to the IRS every January for various types of payments, with copies of the 1099 forms going to the recipients of the payments. You may have received one or several of these 1099 forms and are wondering whether you will be breaking the law and risking fines, penalties and even imprisonment if you do not confess to the IRS on a Form 1040 by April 15th (or the October 15th extension) that you received those payments.

The most common IRS 1099 form is 1099-NEC for Non-employee Compensation (formerly reported on IRS 1099-MISC forms). However, other common forms are 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, and 1099-K.

Small business owners, independent contractors, subcontractors, micro, small and even big businesses, sole proprietors, and other types of self-employed individuals receive a copy of these 1099 forms every January and then feel compelled by their training, their CPA's, bookkeepers, accountants, enrolled agents and IRS instructions to file 'confession trap' forms and pay a minimum 15.3% self-employment income tax on their gains or profits (after expenses) from the gross income shown on those 1099 forms.

As with other US income taxes, the federal laws related to self-employment income taxes and non-employee compensation information reporting do not apply to the vast majority of the American population. Freedom Law School estimates that, according to the Internal Revenue Code, 1099 information reports should only be sent to less than 1% of American contractors! Yet the government renegades – the IRS, the Department of [In]Justice, and certain federal courts – misapply the information reporting laws on micro-business people as if the laws do apply to

In the below paragraphs, you will find the step-by-step procedure you need to use to lawfully and safely:
1) Stop paying Self-Employment taxes, and
2) Have other people stop sending false 1099 IRS forms to the IRS that falsely tell the IRS that you received taxable income as someone who has performed "functions of a [federal] public office" which in federal tax laws, is deceptively mislabeled as "Trade or Business."


Petition Congress to "Redress" (make right, remedy) Your Grievance (complaint)

The first step to stop this gross misapplication of the law by the government renegades is to petition Congress for redress (remedy, correction) of our grievances (complaints, injustices), which is a natural right protected by the First Amendment of the US Constitution, just as much as your right to free speech.

The following Petition to Congress letter was carefully researched and written by Freedom Law School to brightly shine the light of truth on the laws imposing these self-employment income taxes and non-employee compensation information 'snitch' reports, for the free education of You, the People, to motivate Congress to take strong action to relieve the undue, unjust, unlawful burden on American industry and workers, and for you to store as evidence that you are following the law and have sought correction (if they have any) from your US Representative and the two US Senators for your state.

This petition letter is based on the official Internal Revenue Code (Title 26 of the United States Code) published by the Office of Law Revision Counsel of the US House of Representatives at and the official US Supreme Court majority or unanimous opinions recorded in the United States Reports from the Library of Congress at The attachments to the petition letter are printed directly from the above official sources, and the quotations cited in the letter are highlighted for the reader’s convenience.

This is Freedom Law School's official Petition to Congress on "Trade or Business" information reports and self-employment income taxes which you can download, print and send to your own Congress members!

Download this PDF file of the Petition to Congress for "Trade or Business" taxes and reports. After reading the downloaded file thoroughly and making sure you understand it completely, fill in the titles, names and addresses of all three of your members of Congress (the US Representative of your district and the two US Senators for your state, as found on the website of the US House of Representatives at
and US Senate at Also, fill in the date, and your own name and address. Print the three originals and mail by certified mail. Make sure to also keep a copy of the signed letters in your files, along with ALL attachments and the certified mail receipt.

Wait sixty (60) days for each of your Congress members to respond to you. If your Congress members are not able to refute your letter with a copy of the law (not a mere citation or reference to the law), then go ahead and take the next step.

Unfortunately, the average American has little power over public servants in our government. Not only do your members in Congress have little to no time to read and understand and respond to your letters, but they also are most likely too busy raising re-election campaign funds to take notice of your letters

Very likely, your members of Congress will:

      1. Ignore your letter altogether (most common);
      2. Have their staff send you a 'politically correct' form letter, thanking you for your correspondence and for expressing your concerns. However, the letter will not indicate that the staff or Congress member are going to do anything about your concerns, or that they even understood your concerns, or that they even read your petition. This is the most common method that Congress members will use to ignore you and the points you make in your letter, without appearing to have ignored you outright.
      3. Send you an IRS publication (IRS publications are NOT law) or refer you to the IRS in some other way. (Again, the IRS does not make the law. The IRS is only authorized to execute laws written by the US Congress.) This is another common method of ignoring you and the points you make in your letter.
      4. Paraphrase a law incorrectly or out of context without attaching a copy of the law; paraphrase or quote a case opinion from a court below the US Supreme Court, written by a renegade judge who knowingly and deliberately never took the time to address or refute the issues raised in the case by the American citizen; or cite court case opinions ruling on issues that you never argued in the first place.

If any of your Congress members argue that you used the wrong copy of the law (which is impossible, since the laws we rely on are official government sources) please contact Freedom Law School.

If none of your Congress members refute the law you have provided as published by the US House of Representatives, then you are ready to write to your contractees.

Send any responses from your Congress members to Freedom Law School through our "Contact Us" page so that we can post them here for all to see. Freedom Law School will do our best to post follow-up letters to the most common responses received from Congress members.


Allow sixty (60) days to pass after you have mailed out your letter to your three Congress members, then you will be ready for Step 2.

A. If you have a non-federally related business making payments to contractors

The next step as a business is to educate your Accounts Payable or other accounting staff by showing and reading your Petition to Congress on "Trade or Business" reports and taxes so that they know there is no reason (or authorization) to send information about payments sent to your contractors (unless you and they are doing federal government work).

B. The next step as an independent contractor

The next step as an independent contractor is to educate your contracting officer by showing and reading your Petition to Congress to them and asking them to stop erroneously reporting your non-federal income to the IRS as if it were somehow connected to federal government work.

In time, Freedom Law School will write sample letters to contracting parties for you and post them here. We have some written already for our students and are in the process of writing others. In the meantime, if you write your own drafts or letters, be sure to attach a copy to our Contact Us page so we can use our 25 years of experience to help you succeed in stopping the misreporting of your independent contractor payments.

Your contracting parties should follow the law as written and as published by the Office of Law Revision Counsel of the US House of Representatives, following rules that the US Supreme Court considers obvious and well-known. But unfortunately, due to the blinding fear businesses often have of IRS retaliation, they might not stop misreporting your payments to the IRS.

In this case, you should follow up with the company to make sure that your letter was sent through the proper channels to the higher-ups (payroll manager, human resource director, accountant, owner, or tax law department, officer, or lawyer).

As always, our Restore Freedom Plan members have unlimited consultation time and should send Freedom Law School all their income tax-related correspondence for review, discussion, and response. Freedom Law School will work with them to go up the chain of command in search of intelligent life at your company. 


Get as many of your co-workers, family members, friends, and acquaintances to do the same. By working together we can bring the gross misapplication of the Federal Income Tax laws to the attention of Congress. Through Congress we can stop the corrupt officials of the IRS, as well as their accomplices: top lawyers of the Department of Justice, and certain Federal judges.